(as at January 2023)
Lesson fees and payment
* $40.00 for a half hour lesson
* $80.00 for a one hour lesson
*Fees are invoiced per term. Preferred payment is by direct bank transfer.
Payments fall due 4 weeks into the term, with the specific date listed on each individual invoice.
*A $10 late fee will be applied to invoices not paid by the due date.
Invoices not paid by the end of term will incur a $20 late fee.
Delivery of Lessons
*Lessons will be conducted face-to face.
Should it be preferable for the student, lesson delivery online is also available.
*Should a change in COVID-19 regulations and restrictions require it, all lessons will take place online (Zoom or FaceTime).
*When attending a face-to-face lesson:
- please attend alone where possible
- please wash your hands upon arrival
*Please DO NOT attend a face-to-face lesson if you have any cold/flu symptoms (fever/runny nose/sore throat/cough/chills/shortness of breath/loss of sense of smell or taste). If you are feeling unwell, an online lesson can be arranged.
Should I have any cold/flu symptoms, I will request that lessons be held online.
Cancellation and missed lesson policy
*Should you need to cancel your lesson after you have received your reminder SMS, please cancel the lesson via the My Music Staff portal - https://www.mymusicstaff.com/
*In the event that you are unable to attend your lesson and more than 24 hours notice is given, a rescheduled make up lesson will no longer be arranged.
*In its place, you will have the opportunity to submit a video showcasing some for your repertoire and technical work (up to 15 minutes video for a half hour lesson, or up to 30 minutes video for a one hour lesson). I will then review the material and provide to you video feedback and technical guidance to facilitate your singing practice for that week.
*the video must to be submitted within 14 days of the missed lesson date.
*there will be a limit of 3 video submissions per term
* The student must notify of any cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled lesson. If such notice is not provided, the lesson will be forfeited and it will be treated as a fee-paying lesson (the option of submitting a repertoire video for feedback will not be available when the notice period to cancel is less than 24 hours).
* ‘No Show’ lessons will be forfeit.
* Should I need to cancel a lesson, I will arrange a rescheduled lesson time at your convenience.
Scheduled lessons and punctuality
* A courtesy email lesson reminder will be sent out 48 hours prior to each lesson, followed by an SMS reminder 26 hours prior to the lesson. Lesson times are a standing appointment in which the time is reserved specifically for individual students. Please plan social engagements accordingly.
* If you arrive late to your lesson, it will still end at its regularly scheduled time, with no extra time permitted. If I am running late, I will always ensure that you receive your full session.
Period of Notice to Discontinue Lessons
*Four weeks’ notice prior to the end of term is required for the discontinuation of lessons. Please provide this notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Should the four weeks written notice not be given, then fees in lieu of notice will be payable. i.e. if you have weekly half hour lesson at $37.50 per lesson, an invoice for $150 will be payable.